Showing 7–12 of 19 results
Environment & Ecology Magazine 2021₹50.00
Environment & Ecology Trend Analysis
Since 2011, environment and ecology topics play a major role in the UPSC Prelims Exam. As per the trend analysis for the environment section of the UPSC prelims exam, anywhere between 10 to 20 questions are asked on average. As per the UPSC Prelims syllabus, General issues on Biodiversity, Climate Change, and Environmental ecology that do not need subject specialization are part of the environment section. Usually, candidates tend to neglect these subjects as they feel it is very easy. But this can result in scoring negative marks.
A strong basic understanding of the Environment topics is enough to deal with the questions from the Environment and ecology segment.
Ethics – Answer Writing Masala₹99.00
o Ethical issues
▪ Sensationalization of stories – Nirbhaya case
▪ Commercialization of media – In a recent seminar the former Chief Election
Commissioner (EC), SY Quraishi, revealed that the EC had identified 371 cases of
paid news in the lead-up to the state elections.
▪ Use of insensitive or hateful language – India Pakistan Reporting, Nepal
▪ Irresponsible reporting – For example, the same was seen in the reporting of
‘26/11 terror attack’, which to leakage to sensitive information.
▪ Violating Right to privacy
▪ Media-politician-corporate nexus – The Radia tapes, conversations recorded by
revenue authorities between corporate lobbyist Niira Radia and a number of
senior journalists and leading politicians, highlight the prevalent nexus.
Ethics Terminology Keyword
Mains Combo Magazine₹149.00
Subscribe to our newsletterSign up to receive updates, promotions, and sneak peeks of upcoming courses. Plus 20% off your next course.
Your information will never be shared with any third party