2. Q.-With reference to River Cities Alliance, consider the following statements:
1. The alliance is a partnership of two Ministries i.e., Ministry of Jal Shakti and Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
2. All Indian citites are member of the alliance.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
● Statement 1 is correct.
● Statement 2 is incorrect: There are 30 member cities in the alliance.
● Dehradun, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Srinagar, Begusarai, Bhagalpur,Munger, Patna, Berhampore, Hooghly-Chinsurah, Howrah, Jangipur, Maheshtala, Rajmahal, Sahibganj, Ayodhya, Bijnor, Farrukhabad, Kanpur, Mathura-Vrindavan, Mirzapur, Prayagraj, Varanasi, Aurangabad, Chennai, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad, Pune, Udaipur and Vijayawada.
● The Alliance will focus on three broad themes- Networking, Capacity Building and Technical Support.