Essay and Ethics are the two most important factors which decide your selection and your rank as well. Unfortunately you cannot cover both of them through books, they require a good sense of answer writing and use of examples as well. In both of these papers if you use bookish language and try to go into too much detail you tend to score less marks. This is the reason why many lawyers score low marks in any Polity based Essay and a person having geography optional might score low marks in a geography theme based Essay. Same is true for Ethics as well, people with Philosophy optional or Pubad optional or Psychology optional doesn’t necessarily score good marks in it.
The answer is simple: Write in a simple manner! Yes you read it correctly , but simplicity comes from a deeper level of understanding. As Einstein said “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough” . These papers test your level of understanding and how you can articulate them well in a limited time and space and use a simple language which the examiner can understand in a limited time.
So what are the Main points to be kept in Mind while writing an Essay :
- Simple language
- Use Real life Examples wherever Possible
- Identify your type – Story based, Quote based, Argumentative etc
- Memorise few quotes and sayings
- Limit Yourself to 2-3 paragraphs per page
- Give 1 page for Introduction and 1 for Conclusion
- Chose that topic in which you do not have too much or too little Knowledge- Buddha’s Madhyam Marg
- For more Information Watch the Video: link