1. Q.)Which of the following sports has been identified for promotion and upgradation under Madhya Pradesh Sports Policy, 2005?
Explanation (d) Keeping in view the performance of national sports, the medals received and the current avail ability of sports facilities, the following games will be focused on upgrading.
2. Q.)Where is Usha Raje Stadium located in Madhya Pradesh?
Explanation (d) Usha Raje Stadium is located in Indore city of Madhya Pradesh, which is endowed with modern facilities of flood lights for night matches.
COMMENT- It was earlier known as Maharani Usharaje Trust Cricket Ground but in 2010, Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association renamed it after the Holkar dynasty of the Marathas that ruled Indore.
3. Q.)When was the first ODI International match played at Usha Raje Cricket Stadium?
Explanation (b) Till now, 5 ODIs have been played at Usha Raje Cricket Stadium.
(1) First ODI International match between India and England on 15 April 2006.
(2) Between India and England in the Year 2008. (3) On 8 December 2011 between India and the West Indies.
(4) India VS South Africa in the Year 2015. (5) India and Australia Central on 24 September 201
4. Q.)Former Indian cricketer Virendra Sehwag scored a double century in a one-day match against whom at the Holkar Stadium in Indore?
(b) It is also the venue, where Virendra Sehwag thwacked West Indies’ attack to all cor ners of the ground and cracked a sparkling knock of 219 in 2011. The ground has state-of-the-art facili ties. The floodlit stadium has a seating capacity touch ing 30,000, which is the norm for most cricket grounds in the smaller cities of India. In 2011, the Pavilions were named after C.K. Nayudu and Mushtaq Ali. The wicket at the Holkar stadium usually favours the bats men. With even bounce and short boundaries coming into play, batsmen tend to rule the roost. On expected lines, Sehwag played with sparkle and fizz, and composed that record-breaking double ton against the West Indies in 2011. Even if we go further back in time to 2006, India chased down a target of 289 set by England with seven wickets to spare.
Note: Sehwag not only scored the highest ODI innings, but thanks to his miraculous innings, Team India scored their biggest ODI score (418/5), which is still intact. Earlier, India scored 414/7 against Sri Lanka on 15 December 2009 in Rajkot.
5. Q.) The only T20 match between which team happened at Holkar Stadium in Indore?
Explanation (b) The only T20 International match was played between India and Sri Lanka on December 22, 2017 at Holkar Stadium, Indore. Batting first, India scored a mammoth score of 260/5 thanks to Rohit Sharma’s century and K L Rahul’s superb innings, in response to which the Sri Lankan innings were all out by scoring 172 runs in the 18th over.
Note: Rohit Sharma was adjudged Man of the Match for his batting knock of 118 runs in 43 balls.
COMMENT-The stadium was built in 2003 and has 30,000 seats for spectators. Indian cricket team has won all the matches played here so far.
Remark: Here in the Year 2011, 2 IPL matches have been played between Kochi Tuskers Kerala and Kings XI Punjab and Kochi Tuskers Kerala and Rajasthan Royals.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Your information will never be shared with any third party